Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Happy 125 Years Capezio!

The past two days have been great. My Uncle Andrew came in town to celebrate Capezio's 125th anniversary. Drew and I are really close since we are close in age. We are more like brother and sister, and always have fun when we are together. I loved having him here! But more on that part later.

Photobucket

Monday night Drew, our friend Brad and I, went to the beautiful NY City Center to celebrate Capezio's 125th anniversary. For those of you who are not a dancer or don't know Capezio, check out their website here. Capezio is the largest and best dance shoe maker out there. There is a reason they have been around for 125 years! And they have been family owned all this time! I love that.

Photobucket

We had the best seats in the house. Second row, center. The show was amazing! Capezio didn't just celebrate their anniversary, but they also honored the famous Tommy Tune and Nigel Lythgoe for their achievements in the dance industry. My heart just about melted as Tommy Tune came on stage and started dancing. I just love him!

Photobucket

My Uncle owns his own dance competition company called Celebrity Dance Competitions.  Capezio is a sponsor of his company. I am so proud of Drew for all he has done and is doing with his wonderful competition company. His ad in the program looked amazing.
Photobucket Photobucket

After the show was a little after party. It was so great to meet new friends and see old ones! It was nice to reconnect with the dance world I grew up in and love so much. We met Abbey Lee from the show Dance Mom's (top left). Very sweet in person. We also met Capezio employee Nina Vance and her beautiful daughter/professional ballerina, Barette (top right corner, blondes). Brad and I (bottom left) and Drew and I with Ann Marie DeAngelo, another famous ballerina (bottom right).

Photobucket

We ran into two of my favorite dance teachers ever, who have known me since I was a little girl, Lauren and Amy. I just love them and have been dying to see them since we moved here last summer but life has been so busy. It was great to finally see them!

Photobucket 

Congratulations Capezio on a wonderful event and an amazing 125 years in business! I have always loved you and always will. Here is a little fun fact for all of you. Back in the day I had the opportunity to model for Capezio. It was a highlight in my dance career for sure.  Enjoy old model photos of me for Capezio!

Taylor Morgan Capezio photoshoot
 Taylor-Morgan capezio photoshoot

Happy Wednesday everyone!


Love,

TM

11 comments:

Ashley said...

OH my gosh!! This is awesome!!

The Daydreamer said...

looks fun there <3

Elisabeth said...

this looks like SO MUCH FUN! (and i love the modeling pictures) - capezios really are the best and i dont dance in anything else :)

Caroline said...

It looks like you had a great evening!

Caroline x
Caroline's Catwalk

Elise said...

do you still dance? I love capezio!

Andrea D said...

That looks like a fabulous couple of days! How nice that you got to spend time with your Uncle :)

Perpetuity said...

That is so cool! Love those modeling pics:)

~Heather

J+H @ Beyond The Stoop said...

i had capezio shoes too!! didn't know they were around for so long!

Ilka von Torok said...

Hi dear! Love your post!
I follow you now,if you want follow me back.
xx Ilka
http://ilkavontorok.blogspot.com/

Anne-Claire POUPON said...

Sweet blog!
Take care :)

Andrew said...

Thank you for the wonderful memories. What a great night and amazing couple of days! See you on board Nationals at Sea this summer!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...